Sherwood Forest Estates
Property Owners’ Association
The purpose of the Sherwood Forest Estates Property Owners’ Association (POA) is to provide residents with information about issues, concerns and events in the neighborhood. The POA funds projects and events to benefit the whole community.
- Is a voluntary organization.
- Has annual voluntary dues of $20 per lot.
- Holds an annual meeting on the Saturday closest to the Fourth of July.
- Provides funding assistance to the SFE FD with various purchases of big ticket items.
- Creates and maintains this web site in our effort to provide an alternative source of information and two-way communication for the whole community.
- Distributes the POA Newsletter mailed or emailed to approximately 250 property owners in SFE.
We invite all our neighbors to attend the annual meeting. At the meeting property owners will learn about the business of the association, will gather information about SFE and its surroundings, will reconnect with neighbors and might win the raffle.
- Business meeting: Old and new business items, treasurer and various committee reports.
- Information: Short talks given by local officials and professionals regarding issues and concerns of the neighborhood.
- Social: Provides opportunity to renew acquaintances and meet new neighbors.
- Fun: Raffle for valuable door prizes and occasionally a barbecue for attendees.
The newsletter is sent by email whenever possible, but can be mailed to home addresses. The newsletter contains:
- Minutes from the annual meeting.
- Articles from the SFE Fire Department and the Auxiliary.
- A brief calendar of events.
- Additional information about life in the ponderosa pines.
SFE POA Board Members:
Catherine Cook, Vice President
Jeanna Roush, Secretary/Treasurer
Members at Large:
Jud Swearingen, Gloria Montgomery, Dawn Cleland and Matthew Griffin
Sherwood Forest Estates is zoned RS-40,000 and is regulated by Coconino County Zoning Ordinances. Details can be found on the Coconino.az.gov site here. The ordinances passed in Nov. 2019 can be downloaded here. For SFE follow the guidelines under RS-36,000 (see page 22, item 3).